Thursday, September 2, 2010

The OTHER Jekyll & Hyde Musical

Hello nonexistent readers! You will surely be happy to know that I have been doing more than just twiddle my thumbs or work on projects that actually matter - I have been indulging my obsession for Jekyll and Hyde!

The story is this - I just recently came into possession of a bargain-priced VHS tape of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, the made-for-tv-musical film from 1972 starring Kirk Douglas! And I also just so happened to have access to technology that would allow me to record VHS tapes to my computer.

I have since then made the first and only digital copy of this rare film, and I am taking it upon myself to share it in all its glory and hilarity with you, the denizens of the internet. I'll post clips of all the songs from it as well as their transcribed lyrics right here, for all to enjoy. Maybe in the future I'll post the whole film, but right now I have neither the time nor the patience for that.

"Wait," you may be thinking, "There's another Jekyll and Hyde musical? Why haven't I heard anything about it? And if it came before the Broadway production, why is it not known as 'THE Jekyll and Hyde Musical' instead?"

"Well," I answer with a knowing little smile, "just watch the video and you'll see why its songs didn't achieve the same level of popularity."

 So here I present to you... the first ever video clip from the Jekyll and Hyde Musical starring Kirk Douglas!




Yes, you heard them right - Jekyll is a Canadian!

I'm sorry but I'm too tired to transcribe the lyrics at the moment, so I'll post them later.

Stay tuned, 'cause this isn't even the silliest song in the movie! I know it seems like it couldn't get any more chipper and nonsensical, but it does.

Oh, it does.

No comments:

Post a Comment